My Top 5 News and Information

 Blog Post #1

Top 5 News Sources and Information

    As technology evolves each and every day, we have to take into consideration that our news sources and information do the same thing. The purpose of the news is to inform society what is happening in the world and why.  Since there are so many different forms of where news can be found, here are my top 5 go to news sources. 


WSB-TV Channel 2 – Atlanta Logo

WSB-TV

   I started watching the news at a very young age - around 5 or 6. I remember eating dinner and this particular news station would be on in the background. WSB-TV station and their anchors have helped me develop my passion of pursuing Broadcast Journalism. When I am back at home, in Georgia, this is my top news source for getting local information on what's going on around me and why it's happening. Compared to the other local news stations that are on tv back home, I feel as though WSB-TV does a remarkable job on their timely news coverage and their delivery of it. 

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

CNN

    While doing this assignment, it has come to my conclusion that many of my news sources date back to the fact that I either started watching them at a young age or the fact that they are based where I am from. CNN is another news source I tend to get my information from. I love how the anchors present their news as well as the way CNN sets up their website so you can easily access the news in the category you're looking for. Most people think of CNN as mainly a political outlet but to me, I see way more than that. 


The New York Times (@nytimes) | Twitter

    I vaguely remember seeing my Dad read the NY Times Newspapers growing up. When I was little, I would browse through their comic pages. Like I said in my opening paragraph, technology is evolving which means we are seeing less and less news papers and more news website/tv stations to rely on. In highschool, I signed up for the NY Times subscription where I would get weekly emails about what's going on in the world and a direct link to click on. 


NPR - Wikipedia

NPR

    I prefer this news/information source because I don't necessarily have to read the articles. I can listen to them whether that may be while I'm getting ready or on my way to and from classes. I like this news source because to me, it's more informational. I'll learn stuff from how to cook the best chocolate chip cookie to how psychology plays a big role in our everyday lives. For someone like myself who isn't a big reader, I rely on podcasts a lot to get information. 

Twitter

Now before you shrug or roll your eyes, I have a very valuable reason as to why I use twitter as a source of news. Let me rephrase that - it's more of a source of information. If instagram/snapchat is out, I tend to go over to twitter first because that's where most people will check because people are actively tweeting about it. If I happen to be on the app due to the fact I just so happened to click it, I can see what's trending in my area and around the world. I mainly use twitter to find stuff that I should know about and use my other 4 sources to actually get detailed information about certain topics. 






Comments

Popular Posts